initial(sys, T=None, X0=0.0, input=None, output=None, return_x=False)¶
Initial condition response of a linear system
If the system has multiple outputs (?IMO), optionally, one output may be selected. If no selection is made for the output, all outputs are given.
- sys (StateSpace, or TransferFunction) – LTI system to simulate
- T (array-like or number, optional) – Time vector, or simulation time duration if a number (time vector is autocomputed if not given)
- X0 (array-like object or number, optional) –
Initial condition (default = 0)
Numbers are converted to constant arrays with the correct shape.
- input (int) – This input is ignored, but present for compatibility with step and impulse.
- output (int) – If given, index of the output that is returned by this simulation.
- yout (array) – Response of the system
- T (array) – Time values of the output
- xout (array (if selected)) – Individual response of each x variable
>>> yout, T = initial(sys, T, X0)