Calculate gain and phase margins and associated crossover frequencies
Parameters: sysdata (LTI system or (mag, phase, omega) sequence) –
- sys : StateSpace or TransferFunction
- Linear SISO system
- mag, phase, omega : sequence of array_like
- Input magnitude, phase (in deg.), and frequencies (rad/sec) from bode frequency response data
- gm (float) – Gain margin
- pm (float) – Phase margin (in degrees)
- wg (float) – Frequency for gain margin (at phase crossover, phase = -180 degrees)
- wp (float) – Frequency for phase margin (at gain crossover, gain = 1)
- Margins are calculated for a SISO open-loop system.
- If there is more than one gain crossover, the one at the smallest
- margin (deviation from gain = 1), in absolute sense, is
- returned. Likewise the smallest phase margin (in absolute sense)
- is returned.
>>> sys = tf(1, [1, 2, 1, 0]) >>> gm, pm, wg, wp = margin(sys)