initial_response(sys, T=None, X0=0.0, input=0, output=None, transpose=False, return_x=False)¶
Initial condition response of a linear system
If the system has multiple outputs (MIMO), optionally, one output may be selected. If no selection is made for the output, all outputs are given.
For information on the shape of parameters T, X0 and return values T, yout, see Time series data.
- sys (StateSpace, or TransferFunction) – LTI system to simulate
- T (array-like object, optional) – Time vector (argument is autocomputed if not given)
- X0 (array-like object or number, optional) –
Initial condition (default = 0)
Numbers are converted to constant arrays with the correct shape.
- input (int) – Ignored, has no meaning in initial condition calculation. Parameter ensures compatibility with step_response and impulse_response
- output (int) – Index of the output that will be used in this simulation. Set to None to not trim outputs
- transpose (bool) – If True, transpose all input and output arrays (for backward compatibility with MATLAB and scipy.signal.lsim)
- return_x (bool) – If True, return the state vector (default = False).
- T (array) – Time values of the output
- yout (array) – Response of the system
- xout (array) – Individual response of each x variable
>>> T, yout = initial_response(sys, T, X0)